Duration: Maximum three years, renewable every year on the basis of satisfactory performance.
Purpose of Post: To work with the Credit Administrator (World Vision International) and assist the Financial Management Specialist in the maintenance of proper accounting of credit funds.
Report to: Project Manager and Financial Management Specialist
Credit Specialist Terms of Reference
The credit management system of the project must be capable of (i) correctly and completely recording all transactions and balances relating to the fund; and (ii) facilitating the preparation of regular, timely and reliable financial statements.
Under the guidance of the Project Manager and the Financial Manager, the duties of the Credit Specialist shall include but not limited to the following:
• Developing procedures for credit committee and cooperatives, etc.;
• Training of Government staff for the operationalization of the credit component at Municipal and Commune levels;
• Working with World Vision International to operationalize credit documents, contracts, deeds, etc.
• Preparing all necessary documents for Bank’s audit
• Preparing a business plan which includes financial projection for at least two years.
• Drafting and finalizing an internal control document with WVI
• Developing financial reporting and auditing system.
• Draw up annual project budgets and work plans together with the Project Team and including tracking and reporting on the progress of the budget execution periodically.
• Prepare and follow-up timely approval of disbursement request to the International Institution Client. Ensure that all supporting documents used in request for credit replenishment are properly kept.
• Establishing/enhancing systems of internal controls and ensure strict adherence for all areas of project operation. Ensure that periodic/monthly Bank Reconciliation statements are prepared for all bank Accounts;
• Ensuring that the project transactions are initiated, validated, checked, approved and recorded in a satisfactorily maintained environment.
• To prepare periodic (quarterly) project progress reports in a manner and format agreed with the Bank/Government, for which submission should be within 45 days after the end of each quarter.
• Carry out the credit management function together with WVI and provide appropriate training to the government counterpart finance staff that will be designated to the project to enable transfer of skills and specifically report on such training (including any challenges encountered) provided in the periodic project progress reports.
• Perform any other duties as required by the Project Manager.
All project’s periodic reports, including monthly, quarterly and annual reports, and the final report of the PIU shall include a section on Credit Management which will indicate the progress made in the effective management of credit by WVI
(i) Key performance criteria shall include but not limited to the following:
(ii) Maintain project Category, Component and Activity budget and expenditure registers/listings and provide Category, Component and expenditure information to bank’s supervision missions.
(iii) Prepare monthly reconciliation statements by 1st Friday of the following month on the basis of a transaction cut-off of 4th Friday or such other time as indicated in the financial and accounting procedures manual.
(iv) Prepare and submit monthly credit accounts/financial statements to the Financial Manager by the 2nd Friday of the following month on the basis of a transaction cut-off date of the 4th Friday or some other date as indicated in the financial and accounting manual.