To define the digital transformation journey for PBB Country with a focus on client centric solutions and scalability across the business – in alignment with the broader PBB AR Digital Transformation objectives, relevant technology standards and IT architecture developed by the SBG IT function;
• To guide and monitor the operationalisation and cultural changes required for all aspects of digital transformation;
Business accountability: Impact on end result:
Shared - Jointly accountable with peers in our outside immediate department;
Accountability for problem solving:
a) Degree of guidance received to solve problems:
Generally defined - general principles with guidance from top management;
b) Degree of original thought required to solve problems:
Adaptive - Requires analysis, interpretation and significant judgment;
Jobholder is guided by extensive knowledge and significant practical experience of digital transformation, solutioning for the client, people practices, processes and systems and the operationalisation thereof. Jobholder adheres to the PBB country strategy, policies and procedures and formulates a course of action within these parameters;
Accountability for planning of activities:
Integration of functions that are diverse in nature;
Discretion allowed for decision making:
Directed - Broad practices, managerial direction;
• Defines the digital transformation journey for country (in alignment with the PBB Country strategy) with a focus on client centric solutions and scalability across the business and in alignment with the Digital Framework, the relevant technology standards and IT architecture developed by the IT in-country function.
• Drives the client journey work as it relates to Digital Transformation through the various Client Journey teams – this includes process redesign led by client journey insights.
• Drives a systemic view for the integration of digital transformation across region, client, channel, product, business operations (i.e. the entire client experience value chain) whilst ensuring alignment to the PBB Country strategy in order to deliver on financial and non- financial objectives.
• Ensures that digital transformation initiatives make commercial sense and can be operationalised effectively.
• Ensures alignment with Shared Services standards as it pertains to PBB Country – for e.g. intelligent automation, real estate implications.
• Drives the integration of all aspects relating to client standards, policies, practices with a focus on digital transformation and shaping ourselves to the clients banking journey.
• Keeps abreast of industry trends and macro challenges and adjusts the Digital Transformation strategy accordingly.
• Considers product requirements during all digital transformation initiatives, as informed by Country and PBB AR product requirements
• Remains co-accountable with the Head, Product for product digitisation.
c) Financial Management:
• Defines the financial outcomes required for digital transformation for PBB Country.
• Makes relevant and deliberate trade-off decisions to accelerate digital transformation and cease inappropriate expenditure in consultation with Head, PBB (Country).
• Monitors implementation of agreed financial digital transformation outcomes across PBB Country and ensures that remedial actions are defined and implemented.
d) Risk, Regulatory, Prudential and Compliance:
• Adheres to the PBB Country risk framework and appetite.
• Provides input into the future ready risk and governance frameworks and application thereof in the context of digital transformation.
• Ensures embedment of risk and conduct principles and applications in the work whilst advancing digital transformation.
• Adheres to the PBB operational risk assessment standards as it pertains to digital transformation initiatives; monitors adherence by PBB Country and drives closure of all remediation actions.
• Ensures embedment of Cybersecurity policy for PBB Country in advancing digital transformation.
• Ensures compliance to data standards and requirements (as prescribed by Group Data security standards).
• Manages a team to ensure effective delivery of Digital Transformation objectives.
• Develops a high performing team by embedding the bank's performance process, regular performance feedback and coaching. Addresses poor performance.
• Motivates team members and ensures that they receive recognition for work well done.
• Determines development needs of the team and ensures that development opportunities (training, rotation, on-the-job learning) are budgeted for and executed.
• Maintains a succession plan for the team by reviewing the skills of the team at least twice a year and has career conversations with them.
• Interviews and recruits new members of the team, including determining the appropriate salary with input from the Human Capital Business Partner.
• Creates workforce plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met. Such plans should be revisited at least twice a year.
• Drives the business change required across PBB in country to ensure digital transformation.
• Uses workforce plans to obtain headcount approvals on an annual basis and as input into the financial budgeting cycles.
• Creates quarterly leave plans to ensure adequate coverage.
• When required, initiates disciplinary processes for team members. Resolves grievances raised by team members, escalating only if unresolved.
• Identifies current and potential employee skill requirements in consultation with the Head, PBB (Country) and Head Human Capital function as it relates to the digital transformation journey.
• Ensures that the transition to future skills requirements keeps pace with the digital transformation deliverables.
A business commerce degree (e.g. B.Com; BA LLB);
A post-graduate degree (e.g. Chartered Accountant; MBA) is an advantage;
8-10 years experience in banking or financial services (including experience in the field coupled with experience in a head office environment);
Effective business communication (Proficiency Level: ADVANCED - Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others);
Filtering Core Issues and Patterns (Proficiency Level: ADVANCED - Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others);
Risk Response Strategy (Proficiency Level: ADVANCED - Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others);
Risk/ Reward Thinking (Proficiency Level: ADVANCED - Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others);
Risk Reporting (Proficiency Level: ADVANCED - Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others);
Operational planning (Proficiency Level: ADVANCED - Mastered the concept, able to act independently, provides guidance and training to others);
Empresa líder em Banca / Serviços Financeiros / Seguros