• Identify new business opportunities in country of operation: Angola;
• Write investment proposals;
• Participate in the structuring and negotiating of investments;
• Monitor the operational and financial performance of portfolio investments;
• Arrange Exits.
• Establish, build and maintain productive relationships with clients, the private business community, banks in Angola and the region;
• Keep abreast of market developments and business conditions in Angola and the region.
• CFA, MA in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Management.
• More than 5 year experience in the financial sector with a proven track record in developing and executing successful transactions, preferably in the area of SME and/or corporate credit in Angola, private equity or investment management business in Angola.
• In-depth understanding and knowledge of the Angolan business environment and key players.
• Ability to work in teams, deliver high quality work within deadlines, and to meet team objectives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships.
• Strong oral, written, and presentation skills – fluency in English and Portuguese.
• Be native and based in Angola.
XSML is an investment fund manager with a focus on frontier markets in Central & East Africa. While building and managing funds, XSML, eXtra Small Medium Large, aims to grow small businesses into medium and large enterprises. We seek to partner with investors who share our passion for investing with impact and to help SME companies with growth capital and know-how. Our understanding of private equity coupled with an appreciation of risks and rewards through our local presence, puts us in a position to generate attractive risk adjusted returns for our investors and entrepreneurs alike.
XSML was founded in 2008. The managing partners have an extensive background in emerging markets in the areas of asset management, corporate and development banking and corporate restructuring. Our experience have shown that demand for finance from small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) remains largely untapped despite increased interest in emerging markets from international investors.
XSML has offices in Kampala (Uganda), Kinshasa (DRC), Amsterdam (Netherlands) and is opening up an office in Luanda in 2019.
Investment Funds: Central African SME Fund & African Rivers Fund
The Central African SME Fund is a USD 19 million investment fund, investing in non-listed Small and Medium Sized Companies (SMEs) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and the Central African Republic (CAR). CASF has as cornerstone investors IFC, member of the World Bank Group, FMO the Dutch development bank and Lundin Foundation. CASF has made over 30 investments in a wide range of sectors including healthcare, education, transport, ICT, retail, manufacturing, hospitality and services.
The African Rivers Fund is a USD 50 million fund investing in SMEs in its core countries Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo and Uganda.
The African Rivers Fund III (ARF III) is targeting a first close at USD 75 million later in 2019, investing in SMEs in Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia.