The Global Fund supports antiretroviral treatment for 23151 patients and 1000 pregnant women to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV under the TFM (Transitional Funding Mechanism) during period October 2012 - September 2014. The project has two key components focusing on the provision of antiretroviral treatment and strengthening of monitoring and evaluation systems to track the indicators and monitor progress being accomplished by the grant. UNDP is looking for a M&E Officer to conduct the following tasks:
o Define and recommend the M&E plan and methodology for the TFM of the Global Fund.
o Delineate the mechanisms to monitor the performance of the sub recipient (INLS) Instituto Nacional de Luta Contra SIDA.
o Coordinate the collection, processing and analysis of the information on the approved indicators for the monitoring of the implementation of the TFM of the Global Fund.
o Analyze data and suggests improvements in data collection, monitoring and programme implementation.
o Support the coordination of the M&E activities with the LFA.
o Provide periodic information on the monitoring of the GFATM program.
o Actively participate in the work of the M&E working group.
o Support and work closely with the INLS staff on M&E and training/capacity building issues.
o Build the capacity of INLS in report/proposal writing.
o Act as a focal point for INLS for various issues as requested by the Project manager – Global Fund.
o Participate in the preparation of reports to be submitted to the Global Fund, LFA, CCM and UNDP.
o Conduct regular field visits together with INLS and other partners and submit field visit reports.
o Prepare the M&E Procedures Manual for the use of the Ministry of Health and Sub Recipients.
o Coordinate and support the capacity building activities of the Ministry of Health (INLS) in the area of M&E.
o Support and participate in different activities that are assigned by the Project Manager - Global Fund.
• Licenciatura em economia, saúde pública, ciencias políticas ou área relacionada.
• 5 anos de experiência em planificação, programação, monitoria e avaliação de projectos.
• Conhecimento dos procedimentos administrativos do PNUD uma mais valia
• Conhecimento da situação política e económica de Angola
• Fluência em Português e Inglês.
• Bons conhecimentos de Informática (excel, word, access e power point)
• Abilidades de comunicação eficaz e capacidade de estabelecer boas relações de trabalho com as autoridades nacionais e interlocutores internacionais
• Diplomacia, imparcialidade e discrição com capacidade comprovada para trabalhar e agir sob pressão
• Capacidade de trabalhar com uma supervisão mínima e possuir fortes habilidades para resolver problemas.