The certified QA/QC shall understand and practise correctly:
• That all construction activities are carried out in compliance with the Project Quality Rules and Procedures of the client
• Training of all supervisory personnel to ensure they know and will be able to follow the contract quality requirements. In addition, he is in charge of Audits, CARs/NCRs follow up, continuous improvement and he shall focused on quality planning and on providing confidence that quality requirement will be fulfilled
• Oversee development and maintenance of site/yard QA/QC Programs and maintain interfaces with Project Team and Site management and monitor the plans and activities of Site QA/QC and lead periodic audits of the Packages Contractors' QA/QC system.
• Monitor quality performance and coordinate project quality reporting
• Ensure non-conformances are followed up and resolved with the help of other inspectors
• Ensures compliance with internal quality procedures
• Ensure that safe working practices are carried out within the construction team and the contractors in order to enforce company HSEQ policy
• To ensure that proper coating/insulation procedures are applied, that proper consumables are used, that production is performed in accordance with outlined specifications and codes
• To ensure that QHSE practices are acceptable and that appropriate measures and procedures are being implemented by everyone concerned.
• To participate in weekly, monthly and ad-hoc meetings with the contractor.
• Adheres to company policies, procedures and works drug and alcohol free
Inspectors are required to have a minimum two (2) years practical experience and completed formal training. This must have been obtained through the mining or oil and gas sectors and an industry accredited training facility.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in all aspects of structure, piping, welding, NDE and applicable codes and standards such as ISO, API, ASTM and ASME
• Quality Control experience is required. Experience within West Africa would be preferable
• Welding and NDE certificates would be an added advantage along with a recognized Quality Assurance or Quality Management qualification
• The ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the Candidate must possess very good planning, coordination, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills
• Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail communications and MS Project or equivalent a plus
• Fluent in English both and Portuguese verbally and in writing