• Supervise and lead scaffold gangs for the erection and dismantling of scaffold structures
• Regularly verify and document the safety of erected scaffolding
• Develop and adapt safe site specific working practices
• Develop estimates for erection and dismantling of scaffold
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Inspect and certify all types of scaffold including light and heavy duty scaffolds
• Able to identify faults and provide / supervise the recommended action for correction in situ
• Inspect and approve scaffolding materials before use
• Provide material estimates on demand
• Mange site storage facilities
• Interpret simple drawings and action upon request
• Review and recommend for approval all scaffold work procedures as provided by contractor
• Provide scaffold appreciation training program on demand
• Report all incidents, near miss, unsafe acts / conditions.
Scaffold erectors are required to have a minimum two (2) years practical experience and completed a min of 40 hours of formal scaffold and HSE training. This must have been obtained through the mining or oil and gas sectors and an industry accredited training facility.