The scaffold fixer shall support the scaffold erector in all scaffold applications, and, under supervision of the scaffold erector, be able to carry out basic scaffold handling, erection and dismantling procedures such as:
• Erection and dismantling of posts, runners, bearers, braces, ladders and ties
• Erections and dismantling of working platform decking
• Erection and dismantling of access ladders
• Safe raising and lowering of scaffolding equipment
• Have proven knowledge of basic scaffolding theory
• The ability to work on scaffolding, staging, and ladders and within confined spaces
A scaffold fixer shall have a minimum one (2) years practical experience as a labourer, working in support of scaffold teams and completed 40 hours of formal scaffold training. This must have been obtained through the mining or oil and gas sectors and an industry accredited training facility.
General knowledge, certification required for the above positions:
• Must be able to work at heights and operate hand held power tools
• English speaking is preferable
• Certificate of medical fitness
• Fall protection and current offshore HSE requirements
• Each individual candidate will be required to present on interview letters of certifications or references of past working experience.
• Adheres to company policies, procedures and works drug and alcohol free