Scope of the SERVICE:
Safety engineer should ensure that design safety aspects are well covered in the proposed technical solutions. He should
provide similar support to DB17/FO during pre-studies and DHSE when and as required.
He ensures compliance with TOTAL safety Engineering rules and standards during the different phases of the studies.
The SERVICE encompasses mainly the following parts:
- Ensure the application of EP technical safety specifications in the design and preparatory work related to
conceptual, pre-project and project phases of site modifications (RFM) and extensions to existing facilities.
- Carry out studies related to technical safety, i.e. HAZID, HAZOP, Safety Reviews and Project Technical Reviews #1
- Participate to Layout reviews for site modifications (RFM) to ensure that necessary safety considerations have been
fully taken into account in the design.
- Assist in reviewing and analysing requests for exemption to the use of Company Rules and requests of derogation
to the use of General Specifications.
- Maintain and update the EPT expertise in safety in the design of facilities (layout, fire and gas detection and
protection, fixed fire fighting equipment, evacuation, escape and rescue etc.).
- Identify technological risks due to site modifications (RFM) and ensure that they are assessed and managed by
DHSE/MTR in accordance with relevant statutory, Group and E&P requirements.
- Ensure that technological risks for site modifications (RFM) are identified, assessed and managed in accordance
with relevant statutory, Group and E&P requirements.
- Be able to perform risk assessment studies (design subjects) of new production facilities on behalf of
- Ensure that cost-effective solutions to risk management are proposed to enable the optimum level of safety in
operation to be achieved.
- Assist to spread knowledge of safety engineering and risk management throughout DT/EPTand be Safety
Engineering Coach of a Junior Engineer with DT/EPT/ENG.
- Manage the activities of contracted services used for specific safety and risk management studies..
- Responsible to ensure that major hazards for site modifications are properly identified, assessed, and evaluated in
accordance with relevant statutory, group and corporate requirements.
- Assist the Process Technical Authority
- Provide support to DB17/FO and DHSE for his discipline.
Communication SERVICES :
- To liaise with COMPANY's personnel involved in the RFM processing and works.
- To participate to RFM kick-off and progress meetings.
- To liaise and support Contractors representative for site surveys.
- To take part in the training of Angolan junior engineers.