Responsible for the profit and loss of Laboratory, leads and optimizes the laboratory activities in short and medium term within the country, and also ensure that they are in line with the overall corporate strategy.
To ensure that the laboratory is operated at maximum utilisation and that output quality is always consistent with international standards, client requirements and corporate guidelines, including a sustainable budget performance and compliance with our integrity programs.
• Head all QA/QC activities in the laboratory
• Develop and modify procedures and standards to ensure effective operations
• Take lead in development of a professional and productive workforce
• Management of all laboratory resources in an efficient and sustainable manner (personnel, hardware, IT, training etc.)
• Management of staff turnover to ensure a balance between sustainable retention and return on training investment and good discipline with the facility
• Ensure appropriate quality services are always delivered to the internal and external customers
• Properly deal with all customer complaints and claims, including thoise from internal customers.
• Diversify the service offering to maximise market coverage and client base limits
• Obtain appropriate Lab accreditations to assist in market coverage and development
• Develop Lab’s technical expertise through training, courses, etc.
• Provide subordinates with timely and helpful coaching and counselling
• Provide guidance in Lab layout, equipments purchases, waste disposal, etc.
• Manage all corporate liability arising out of lab operations such as proper waste disposal, compliance with all health and safety regulations, compliance with all insurance and business registration requirements ( e.g. fire fighting drills and equipment)etc.
• Provide necessary resources to comply safety program
Marketing and Sales
• Plan the marketing strategies to generate a high penetration with guidance from Managing Director (or Lab Dir), and ensure they are in line with corporate strategy
• Monitor the monthly sales to ensure the achievement of planned sales target
• Keep the marketing and sales team technical knowledge up-to-date
• Maintain good relationship with key customers, government and organizations
• Establish and monitor the budget on going basis.
• Ensure the achievement of finance results
• Monitor its working capital to comply with the structure of CertiVVA.
• Adhere to the company’s policy, governmental regulations and SGS professional conduct of ethics
• Provide costing to internal clients of all testing being done in the lab.
• Initiate cost improvement program to optimize the profit opportunities.
New Business Development
• Design new services, skills, and qualification requirements specific to the new products.
• Recommend changes to existing systems, procedures and programs in order to provide better service.
At least 5-8 years of work in a lab environment, with management experience. Scientific university degree is a plus.
• Have an analytical mind.
• Systematic approach, innovative and open minded.
• Consistent but flexible mind
• Optimistic and resolute
• Appropriate technical expertise in related field
• Well developed inter-personal skill
• Good in people management
• Able to influence others
• Able to lead people through difficulty
• Understand the current market and its potential changes
• Good presentation skills
• Fluent English and local language