Power People is a company specialized in searching the best technical professionals in the sectors in which it operates. It has a global and international position in the market, ensuring the success of all missions.
Our client is a company with consolidated experience in the pharmaceutical industry and is looking for an Operations Manager to work in Angola.
Reporting to the Country Manager this position's primary responsibility is to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the Operations Units (OU’s) and its branches' financial functions.
• Ensure daily efficient functioning of the OU’s so that Operational & Sales targets are achieved;
• Formulate policies about the functioning of the operating unit and its branches and ensure that all concerned are adhering to them.;
• Plan the use of human & material resources of the operating unit and its branches;
• Ensure availability of efficiently trained personnel at the OU’s;
• Interact with various departments to ensure smooth functioning of OU’s;
• Interact with Sales & Marketing to ensure that the OU’s are provided with the required marketing support for promotional campaigns;
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organization’s mission specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning;
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions;
• Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence;
• Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls;
• Development of individual program budgets;
• Regular meetings with the Country Manager around fiscal planning;
• Manage purchase order process to enable efficient transactional activities;
• Review and approve technical and administrative content of purchasing documentation;
• Provide Supply Chain team at Dubai HQ with the necessary specifications;
• Manage change orders to meet operations needs;
• Ensure availability of adequate stocks in order to avoid stock outs;
• Plan delivery timetables;
• Monitor stock levels;
• Track movement of goods;
• Minimum Qualifications: MBA in Business Administration.
• Minimum Experience: 10 years experience in commercial and/or supply chain.
• Language Proficiency: Good knowledge of Portuguese is mandatory.
• Job Specific Skills: Excellent people management skills, strong leadership qualities, good negotiation skills and excellent communication skills.
• Nationality: Angolan/ Portuguese/ Indian
• Sense of responsibility;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Organized, planned and autonomous;
• Excellent skills in multicultural relationship.