Our client is a major multinational bank present in Angola with the main focus on three pillars: commercial banking, investment and wealth management.
They are currently recruiting 2 Manager Client Coverage to define and execute strategic client plans that will ensure the development of strong business relationships and the delivery of profitable and integrated products and services, with the purpose of ensuring client profitability, increased revenue, risk optimisation and consistent service delivery.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic client plans (together with the core CST) and manage and drive the implementation of client plans.
- Continuously research and analyse the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance.
- Identify individuals best suited to meet the client’s needs across products to form part of the core Client Service Teams (CSTs) (i.e. based on client opportunity and to be reviewed regularly).
- Manage Client Relationship Teams across relevant geographies (when applicable) by ensuring that individuals are clear on their contribution and expected outcomes.
- Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Bank’s internal network to ensure that all the Bank’s relevant expertise is brought to bear in every client interaction, robust and stable client service (in partnership with business lines) is maintained, client results are delivered and that any impediments to client delivery are overcome through the availability of credible internal resources to build and leverage strong long-term relationships with the client’s key decision makers
- Regularly communicate client strategic opportunities to the extended CST, and lead effective communication sharing within the CST.
- Develop critical relationships with client decision makers and regularly define and communicate commercial opportunities for new and existing clients.
- Oversee the execution of client activities in line with developed strategic client plans.
- Develop and align detailed client marketing plans (with inputs from the GM, TPS, Risk and IB coverage) and drive the client’s pricing and ROE (including relevant drivers e.g. risk grade, industry outlook, etc.)
- Coordinate relevant programmes for each client (including entertainment and economic/sector road shows) and participate in key decision making activities by the client to ensure that the bank is included in any request of advisory and financing services.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific sector knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and other relevant geographies and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the administration and analysis of the Client Service Surveys, as well as the implementation of focused action plans needed to address the gaps identified.
- Support the Global and / or Sector Head in the overall management and coordination of the client relationship and client/sector strategy including the provision of input into the strategic direction and value proposition.
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of external markets (at country, sector and client level) to ensure that new opportunities for the bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
- Drive and own annual budgets together with product houses and monitor actual performance against budget, drive product cross-sell and client profitability.
- Manage overall client cost and revenue including the monthly tracking of revenue contributions per client as well as the understanding of key drivers and variances to proactively respond to threats of reducing opportunity.
- Drive and provide input to timeous preparation, review, sign-off and motivation of PCC and credit paper submissions (managing end-to-end credit process including facility letters, regularisation of conditions, etc.) and optimally allocate credit limits and manage exposures across product and geography.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank (in all relevant geographies and sectors) to ensure relevant and informed client conversations.
- Conduct portfolio ROE (vs. prior year and budget) analysis, Cross Sell Ratio for portfolios, portfolio credit losses and write-offs, pro-active portfolio management resulting in zero losses in the portfolio (including excess management and facility compliance), portfolio actual revenue and net profit growth analysis and pro-active management of the portfolio pipeline and activities using the appropriate tools.
- Conduct set routine activities such as, produce monthly reporting, reviewing of pricing, interest rates, etc.
- On an annual basis, review the pricing concessions.
- Ongoing review of client base for potential High Risk clients.
- Guide the development and review credit paper for submission to the Product Credit Committee (PCC).
- Guide the development and review appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review.
- Act as escalation point for any identified risks.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate qualifications in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other relevant degree or NQF equivalent.
- Other relevant qualifications including post graduate qualifications such as an MBA is considered a bonus
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the client service environment.
- An additional 3 years within the credit or product environment is considered an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.