Global Career company on behalf of the Company that we are working to, we are looking for a Field Service Representative to rovide technical assistance on installation, startup, servicing, overhauls, and troubleshooting of D-R made equipment (i.e. power generation, centrifugal compressor, steam turbine, reciprocating compressor, control and condition monitoring systems) primarily in Angola.
This is a new position created to support the company’s expansion in Angola and West Africa.
1) Provide technical assistance on installation, startup, servicing, overhauls, and troubleshooting of D-R made equipment (i.e. power generation, centrifugal compressor, steam turbine, reciprocating compressor, control and condition monitoring systems) primarily in Angola and West Africa.
2) Ability to read mechanical prints and drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams (PID’s), and blue prints.
3) Write clear, concise daily reports to keep factory and field personnel accurately appraised of job progress and to protect the company from liability for problems resulting from customer deviations from D-R standards.
4) Complete the specified installation, commissioning and startup documentation prior to leaving each job-site.
5) Maintain and submit in a timely manner accurate expense reports and time sheets.
6) Arrange professional travel to job sites through Company’s travel group per instructions received from the Field Service Manager or Field Service Coordinator in Luanda.
7) Instruct and train customers’ operators and/or maintenance personnel when requested or directed.
8) Accurately record and report any problems encountered in the field to permit the factory to investigate and institute corrective action and to aid the factory in the equitable settlement of any warranty-associated claims.
9) Report on competitive equipment and customers’ power generation and gas compression needs. Be aware of potential opportunities to offer Company products and services and be able to discuss these with clients.
10) Actively recommend customer’s purchase of desirable spare parts.
11) Support and participate in Company quality programs.
12) Adhere to all the requirements of the Employee Code of Ethics.
Experience in dealing with Maintenance of (Main) Rotating Equipment / or thorough technical hands on expertise.
Adequate safety training at supervisory level.
Familiar with the different customs at refinery, petro-chemical sites, and offshore production facilities.
Have thorough knowledge about rotating equipment machinery.
Equipment / Software Knowledge: Basic computer skills are required, as is the ability to use Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
Computer knowledge and familiarity with the Internet are important tools and a laptop computer is provided.
Mathematical Skills: Math skills through geometry, and preferably trigonometry, are preferable for this position.
Availability to travel – required 60 -80 % in general
Skills or Work-style Preferred:
Ability to work in Team Environment.
Must have ability to develop client relationships,
display excellent listening skills,
To apply use this link: http://www.careersinafrica.com/role/fsr-rotating-equipment-angolan-or-resident-mf/