Já só tem 61 dias para se candidatar
The Assistant Mechanic’s main purpose is to support and undertake mechanical maintenance and corrective troubleshooting duties on Mechanical Handling Equipment (including pedestal, mobile, crawler and overhead cranes) under the direction of the Crane Supervisor and Lead Technicians.
• The primary responsibility is to ensure equipment integrity by carrying out routine, corrective and breakdown maintenance, servicing and lubrication of all site mechanical handling equipment in accordance with Client planned preventative maintenance routines and manufacturers manuals/service charts.
• Responsible for the notification requirement of all crane spares, including planning in advance of PMRs, ordering of spares via the contract office and ensuring that all spares requests have sufficient and relevant information and is clearly numbered and prioritised.
• Ensure planned maintenance programme is carried out as agreed by Crane Supervisor, Lead Technicians and Client, ensuring that all other maintenance work is completed, and information is recorded on the Client maintenance management system.
• Liaise daily with Crane Supervisor and Lead Technicians to advise them of status of on-going work, highlighting any possible problems/concerns.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with facility representatives to ensure an efficient service is provided on an on-going basis.
• Maintain a log book in each crane for recording lubrication carried out, work carried out, defects list and any operational problems.
• The incumbent is responsible for giving a detailed report of any mechanical handling and lifting incidents to Client HSEQ and the Crane Supervisor, within 24 hours of the event.
• Maintain site cranes in a clean, tidy and, where applicable, watertight condition, including cabs, machinery housings and external surfaces. External and internal paintwork should be retained in a corrosion free condition.
• Participate in facility risk assessment process to ensure that all lifting activities are thoroughly reviewed, and risks controlled prior to implementation to conform to Company and Client standards.
• Participate in the safety observation systems of Client and have quality observations and safety discussions.
It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with and follows the Company's Policy for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the Management Systems to maintain our system certification. The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to the HSE(Q) Department Manager.
The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises.
The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the incumbent may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required which are within their capability and competence.
• Recognised trade apprenticeship or qualification in mechanical maintenance
• Experience within offshore mechanical maintenance and crane operational environment.
• Experience in the completion of planned maintenance activities on offshore cranes
• Experience in the completion of fault finding and repair of offshore cranes.
• The ability to read technical drawings and converse on a technical level with onshore support staff
• Be computer literate with the ability to complete and submit accurate trip reports.
• Be able to communicate fluently in Portuguese and English languages
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist equipment and integrated engineering services to the energy and industrial sectors. We specialise in delivering structured and bespoke solutions to meet our clients lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power requirements.
We work around the world, around the clock, to support our clients, optimise their efficiency and ensure the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Our commitment to consistent high performance through our ‘above all, one standard’ approach to quality and safety means delivery is assured with the Sparrows Group.
With over 41 years’ experience working in lifting and mechanical handling we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and experience to get it right.