Já só tem 47 dias para se candidatar
The primary responsibility is to act as the Sparrows focal point for all lifting equipment inspection, examination and testing activities as required by our clients. You will act as the interface between our clients and Sparrows Group support functions and actively pursue opportunities and execute work scopes within their sphere of competence.
• Be fully conversant with Sparrows and international inspection, examination and testing standards at all levels in an effort to support clients with activities both offshore and onshore.
• Prepare detailed work procedures and reports in relation to projects executed.
• Execute and / or lead teams involved in lifting equipment inspection, examination and testing projects including transfer of knowledge via on-job training to National technicians as part of a local content development programme.
• Arrange equipment recalibrations, inventory control, dispatch and transportation.
• Demonstrate leadership and promote training and development of others. In this respect he is required to lead innovation and to initiate continuous improvement in the business.
• Execute offshore or site survey work ensuring that all technical information is gathered appropriately and sufficiently in order to accurately prepare follow up work solutions.
Operations / Commercial
• Manage, control and arrange replenishment of tools, equipment and consumables in a planned and timely manner using an array of computer software based tracking systems.
• Ensure that services, materials and equipment are tracked, revenue generation is accurate and client commitments are in place.
• Engage with the relevant support functions to assist with the development of complex project proposals following the necessary processes outlined within Sparrows Integrated Management System.
• Develop and issue basic technical and commercial proposals to clients within the boundaries of delegated authority.
• Lead by example and communicate to all of their personnel that safe work and safe operations is an absolute requirement and not just an option.
• Intervening whenever they see a violation and holding a one to one discussion.
• Work to agreed quality standards.
• Adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative or additional duties to that which they are primarily employed.
• Proactively discuss and offer solutions to clients from Sparrows current line of product services.
• Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with customers, sub-contractors, management, team members and other colleagues.
• Work co-operatively and productively with others to ensure planning, technical integrity and successful completion of projects.
• Actively contribute to meetings and discussions
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with people and use behaviour and language which is appropriate for the workplace.
• Ensure regular meetings and face to face discussions are held with clients and partners and proactively resolve any queries in an effective and timely manner.
• Recognised NDT Qualifications (current or held previously) including but not limited to Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) / Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI) / Eddy Current Inspection (ECI) & Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UT).
• LEEA Foundation & Lifting Equipment General qualifications as a minimum.
• Strong background and experience in inspection, examination and testing activities on offshore / onshore lifting equipment and marine handling systems.
• Strong customer related focus including relationship building, problem solving attitude and sales focussed attributes.
• Be able to work in an autonomous manner relying on only intermittent support from the wider Sparrows Group support functions
• Excellent communication skills to enable effective liaison with clients, vendors and other members of staff.
• Careful and meticulous professional and a motivated self-starter
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist equipment and integrated engineering services to the energy and industrial sectors. We specialise in delivering structured and bespoke solutions to meet our clients lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power requirements.
We work around the world, around the clock, to support our clients, optimise their efficiency and ensure the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Our commitment to consistent high performance through our ‘above all, one standard’ approach to quality and safety means delivery is assured with the Sparrows Group.
With over 41 years’ experience working in lifting and mechanical handling we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and experience to get it right.