• Co-operate fully with BP Personnel and undertake other works as directed by Client representatives on duties unrelated to facility cranes, including emergency duties deemed to be within your competence.
• Perform Banksman/Slinger duties during load/discharge of materials from supply vessel.
• Assist with planned maintenance of all fixed and portable lifting equipment.
• Assist with routine crane wire rope changes and maintenance.
• Undertake helideck and fire team member operations as directed by the Services Supervisor.
• Undertake power washing, cleaning and painting within sphere of competency and as directed by the Services Supervisor / Client Representatives
• Operate and maintain facility Fast Rescue Craft as directed by the Services Supervisor / Client Representatives
• Complete the inspection and maintenance of all breathing apparatus and fire extinguishers as directed by the Services Supervisor.
• Carry out regular servicing routines and inspection checks on lifting equipment, (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly) and such other equipment as may be agreed between Sparrows and Client in accordance with maintenance service instructions.
• Carry out routine equipment lubrication duties in accordance with specified lubrication schedules.
• Maintain items of lifting equipment in a clean and tidy condition, as directed by the Services Supervisor.
• Assist crane maintenance personnel in crane maintenance and repair activities.
• Rigger will be wholly competent in all aspects of the lifting activities assigned. Understand the capabilities and limitations of equipment with regard to offshore operation, and of the various installed mechanisms, control and safety systems.
• Maintaining the database of Generic and Specific Lifting Plans and Risk Assessments for the facility.
• Maintain the register of Personal Authorised to perform lifting operations on the platform.
• Development of LOLER Lifting Plans and Risk Assessments for Routine and Simple lifts.
• Continuous Review of Generic Lifting Assessments for Routine lifts.
It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with and follows the Company's Policy for Health, Safety, Environment and Quality and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the Management Systems to maintain our system certification. The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems to the HSE(Q) Department Manager.
The incumbent also has legal responsibilities under country-specific health and safety legislation to follow all Company policies, procedures, guidelines, control measures, signage and permit conditions and to know what to do in an emergency. The incumbent is also responsible for the health and safety arrangements of subordinates (if any) and for any persons visiting them while on the Company premises.
The above responsibilities are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the incumbent may be called upon to carry out such other appropriate alternative or additional duties as may be required which are within their capability and competence.
• Recognised trade apprenticeship or qualification in rigging / lifting operations.
• Experience within offshore lifting and crane operational environments.
• Experience in the completion of planned maintenance activities on lifting equipment
• The ability to read lifting technical drawings / procedures and converse on a technical level with onshore support staff
• Be computer literate with the ability to complete and submit accurate trip reports and lifting plans.
• Be able to communicate fluently in Portuguese and English languages
The Sparrows Group is a global provider of specialist equipment and integrated engineering services to the energy and industrial sectors. We specialise in delivering structured and bespoke solutions to meet our clients lifting and mechanical handling, cable and pipe lay, and fluid power requirements.
We work around the world, around the clock, to support our clients, optimise their efficiency and ensure the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and people.
Our commitment to consistent high performance through our ‘above all, one standard’ approach to quality and safety means delivery is assured with the Sparrows Group.
With over 41 years’ experience working in lifting and mechanical handling we are the local specialists who have the network, knowledge and experience to get it right.