The primary responsibility is to ensure equipment integrity by carrying out routine, corrective and breakdown maintenance, servicing, testing and replacement of all site electrical components relating to mechanical handling equipment in accordance with Client planned preventative maintenance routines and manufacturers manuals/service charts;
Responsible for the notification requirement of all crane spares, including planning in advance of PMRs, ordering of spares via the contract office and ensuring that all spares requests have sufficient and relevant information and is clearly numbered and prioritised;
Ensure planned maintenance programme is carried out as agreed by Crane Supervisor, Lead Technicians and Client, ensuring that all other maintenance work is completed, and information is recorded on the Client maintenance management system;
Liaise daily with Crane Supervisor and Lead Technicians to advise them of status of on-going work, highlighting any possible problems/concerns;
Establish and maintain effective communication with facility representatives to ensure an efficient service is provided on an on-going basis;
Maintain a log book in each crane for recording lubrication carried out, work carried out, defects list and any operational problems;
The incumbent is responsible for giving a detailed report of any mechanical handling and lifting incidents to Client HSEQ and the Crane Supervisor, within 24 hours of the event;
Maintain site cranes in a clean, tidy and, where applicable, watertight condition, including all electrical connections, safe load indicators, junction boxes and all other relevant electrical equipment;
Participate in facility risk assessment process to ensure that all maintenance activities are thoroughly reviewed, and risks controlled prior to implementation to conform to Company and Client standards.
Participate in the safety observation systems of Client and have quality observations and safety discussions.
• Angolan Nationality only;
• High School completed or University attendance;
• Minimum Experience of 3 years;
• Recognised trade apprenticeship or qualification in electrical maintenance;
• Experience within offshore electrical maintenance and crane operational environment;
• Experience in the completion of planned maintenance activities on offshore cranes;
• Experience in the completion of fault finding and repair of offshore cranes;
• The ability to read technical drawings and converse on a technical level with onshore support staff;
• Be computer literate with the ability to complete and submit accurate trip reports;
• Be able to communicate fluently in Portuguese and English languages.
A global provider of engineered products and services to the energy industry.