Já só tem 44 dias para se candidatar
The Entomology Technical Manager will be instrumental in carrying out the necessary steps on key activities
including but not limited to:
- Lead the implementation and monitoring of insecticide susceptibility testing of An. gambiae s.l. and An.
funestus s.l. in selected provinces.
- Help coordinate and lead local capacity building activities including facilitation of logistics for training
- Establish a system for community-based entomological surveillance in Luanda & Huambo provinces.
- Ensure quality of data collected and provide quality assurance checks during data recording and entry.
- Work with local partners to establish national insectaries for rearing a susceptible colony and field collected
- Identify problematic areas with local implementation and solicit advice from VectorLink Angola for prompt
- Serve as an additional point of contact for PMI-supported entomological activities in Angola in close
collaboration with PSI Angola Country Representative
- As needed, act as PMI liaison between NMCP and other entomological stakeholders with in-country PMI
team and HQ (CDC/USAID).
- Cooperate with PSI/Angola Finance and Operations team to gather necessary supporting documentation for
trainings/workshops, local procurements, etc.
Expectations and deliverables:
- Complete preparatory steps required for central-level and provincial entomological training.
- Monthly activity reports submitted to VectorLink Angola team
- Conference calls with Entomologist focal point and in-country team (frequency based on agreed upon
- Frequent travel to selected provinces
- Master’s degree or equivalent in entomology; PhD in entomology (preferred);
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in entomology;
- Several years’ of experience conducting mosquito insecticide susceptibility testing;
- Experience working in Angola on entomological monitoring activities, knowledge of
processes/procedures and systems involved preferred; experience collaborating/liaising with the NMCP
and other key stakeholders to accomplish activity goals;
- Demonstrated management skills and strong organization and communication skills;
Master’s Degree with 5+ years OR PhD with 5+ years of experience OR the equivalent combination of
education and experience.
PSI é uma organização não-governamental, sem fins lucrativos. Líder em marketing social abrange mais de 65 países no mundo, dedicando os seus esforços à promoção da saúde e comportamentos saudáveis, através da disponibilizaçã o de produtos de saúde e actividades de comunicação para mudança de comportamento. Em angola a PSI foi fundada em 2000. Dirige programas de saúde e prevenção de malária, saúde infantil, planeamento familiar e VIH. Trabalha em parceria com o Governo Angolano, o Ministério da Saúde, e outros parceiros, incluindo os sectores públicos e privados.