The primary responsibility is to plan, execute and report on lifting equipment inspection, examination and testing activities as required by our clients. You will act as an Assistant Lifting Inspector in the Group and actively execute work scopes within your sphere of competence whilst striving to develop your personal competency in an effort to progress to senior levels.
• Have a good understanding of Sparrows and international inspection, examination and testing standards at all levels in an effort to support clients with activities both offshore and onshore.
• Assist with preparation of detailed work procedures and reports in relation to projects executed.
• Act on guidance and execute lifting equipment inspection, examination and testing projects.
• Assist with equipment recalibrations, inventory control, dispatch and transportation.
• Assist with or lead offshore or site survey work ensuring that all technical information is gathered appropriately and sufficiently in order to accurately prepare follow up work solutions.
Operations / Commercial
• Assist with management, control and replenishment of tools, equipment and consumables in a planned and timely manner using an array of computer software based tracking systems.
• Assist with ensuring services, materials and equipment are tracked and client commitments are in place.
• Assist with developing basic technical and commercial proposals to clients within the boundaries of delegated authority.
• Lead by example and communicate to all of their personnel that safe work and safe operations is an absolute requirement and not just an option.
• Intervening whenever they see a violation and holding a one to one discussion.
• Work to agreed quality standards.
• Adopt a co-operative attitude towards being assigned alternative or additional duties to that which they are primarily employed.
• Proactively discuss and offer solutions to clients from Sparrows current line of product services.
• Build and maintain positive and constructive working relationships with customers, sub-contractors, management, team members and other colleagues.
• Work co-operatively and productively with others to ensure planning, technical integrity and successful completion of projects.
• Actively contribute to meetings and discussions
• Demonstrate honesty and integrity in dealing with people and use behaviour and language which is appropriate for the workplace.
• Recognised NDT Qualifications (current or held previously) including but not limited to Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) / Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI) / Eddy Current Inspection (ECI) & Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UT).
• LEEA Foundation & Lifting Equipment General qualifications as a minimum.
• Strong background and experience in inspection, examination and testing activities on offshore / onshore lifting equipment and marine handling systems.
• Strong customer related focus including relationship building, problem solving attitude and sales focussed attributes.
• Be able to work in an autonomous manner relying on only intermittent support from the wider Sparrows Group support functions
• Excellent communication skills to enable effective liaison with clients, vendors and other members of staff.
• Careful and meticulous professional and a motivated self-starter
Empresa líder em Petróleo e Gás / Mineração