Já só tem 61 dias para se candidatar
Purpose of the job:
To coordinate the payroll function ensuring that direct and control personnel implementing payment control tasks related to payroll achieve set objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Obtain, up-date and maintain a register of signatures on institutional payroll authorisations in line with the Delegation Register on the following;
• employment contract both Project and Regional Staff;
• facilities - loans, advances and guarantees;
• payment allowances – gratuity;
• Charges – surcharges; and
Maintain and up-date specific and separate control accounts on the following items:
• Gratuity Fund;
• Loan Fund;
• Staff Loan Guarantees;
• Salary Advance;
• Third party payments (scheme loans and medical aid)
• Terminal Payments; and
• Insurance for Staff.
On a monthly basis, review payroll payments (Projects, Regional, local and seconded staff) and other transfers of financial resources, analyses monthly payroll movement and submit for authorization in line with the Delegation Register.
• Issue accounts and financial reports in the area of payroll payments, supported by adequate financial records.
• Prepare loan fund and gratuity fund reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of the project salary advance account.
• Review payments of staff gratuities and payments in lieu of leave to ensure accuracy, compliance with policy and timely payment
• Check staff end contract clearance forms to ensure exiting staff have no outstanding advances and loans.
• Review monthly reconciliations of payroll bank accounts, and control ledgers to ensure accuracy and timeliness of expenses.
• Review monthly schedules of reconciliation of allowances and Ensure compliance with internal and external reporting deadlines;
• Ensure proper application of relevant accounting policies (IPSAS) in the treatment of employee benefits;
• Review of GIZ quarterly report and ensure timely submission.
• Review request for disbursement from GIZ and ensure timely submission.
• Review and supervise work of the accounting team and provide adequate coaching and training.
• Continuously identify and implement leading practices to promote and efficient and effective financial accounting and reporting process
• Liaise with auditors both internal and external on payroll related matters.
• Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
People Management within the unit
• Ensure team compliance with all relevant Secretariat values, policies and standards, and statutory requirements
• Work towards building a positive and compelling workplace and team culture
• Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel
• Plan the unit’s activity and maintain direct oversight on its operations and the staff in terms of (a) work scheduling, (b) estimating resource and staffing needs, (c) allocating and delegating tasks, and (d) recruiting, training, developing, supporting, supervising, mentoring, motivating and appraising staff
• Undertake any other duties as delegated by the Director or the Deputy ES
• At least a Degree in a Finance related field from a recognised institution
• Professional accountancy certification such as ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, ICAS, ACPA or equivalent
• Knowledge of IAS, IFRS and IPSAS
• Proficient in the use of computers and computer software relevant to the position
• Experience with VIP and sun system will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 7-10 years’ work experience in a similar position
• Communication and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Mentoring and coaching skills
• Organisational skills (planning, budgeting, time management, work prioritisation)
• Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Supervisory skills
• Apply interpersonal styles/methods to develop and motivate staff
• Capable of maintaining quality whilst working under pressure and adhering to deadlines
• Capacity to motivate and influence people positively and creates a climate where people want to do their best
• Conceptual and practical thinking
• Customer focused
• Demonstrate ability to work independently and largely unsupervised
• Maintain confidentiality and respectful of sensitive situations
• Methodical and organised, with a high level of attention to details
• Organisational awareness with an understanding of how to engage the organisation to get things done
• Professionalism and adherence to good work ethics
• Question conventional approaches and encourage new ideas and innovations for progress
• Resilience and personal drive, self-motivation
• Results and performance driven
• Team player
A Comunidade de Desenvolvimento da África Austral (SADC) é uma comunidade económica regional criada e gerida pelos países da África Austral. Tem como objectivo promover a cooperação nas áreas económica, social, política e da segurança entre os respectivos Estados-Membros, assim como incentivar a integração regional com vista ao alcance da paz, estabilidade e produzir riqueza. A SADC conta actualmente com quinze Estados-Membros , com uma população de, aproximadamente, 327 milhões de habitantes e um PIB combinado de USD 600 mil milhões (2016).
O Secretariado pretende recrutar quadros qualificados para o preenchimento de várias vagas e reforçar a sua capacidade de execução do seu mandato. Para o efeito, o Secretariado convida os cidadãos da SADC detentores das qualificações e da experiência necessárias a candidatarem-se aos seguintes postos à disposição na sua Sede, em Gaborone, no Botswana. //