Já só tem 26 dias para se candidatar
Discovery and Geosciences (GDG) delivers value for Anglo American via safe discovery of new mineral endowment; delivery of step-change operational geosciences in our mines; and quantification and communication of our Mineral Resources and endowment.
In Angola, GDG is exploring for high-value deposits in “Frontier” districts that are extensions of known mineral belts. These are areas that have received very little historical exploration and are typically covered by recent cover.
The Senior Geologist will lead the exploration of one or more frontier districts and contribute to a high-functioning discovery team through;
• identification of high-quality prospects and targets
• leadership of a small discovery project team
• the selection, application and management of the appropriate exploration tools and methods
• recognition and application of innovative tools and practises.
The incumbent is required to be an experienced discovery geologist and project manager with a strong understanding of the application of Mineral System methodologies to target superior value deposits.
• Tertiary degree in Geosciences (Essential)
• Post-graduate qualifications in geoscience, e.g. MSc in Economic Geology (Preferred)
• Sound technical experience in geoscience and discovery.
• High level knowledge and understanding of:
o Sediment-hosted and magmatic mineralisation
o Geosciences (geology, geochemistry, geophysics, structural).
o Exploration tools, techniques and methods (computer modelling, spatial analysis of geological data sets)
o Mineral systems and mineral deposits.
o Basin analysis
o GIS & 3D/4D modelling software (ArcGIS, GeoSoft, Leapfrog)
o Integration of data sets
• Experience in community and government relations issues.
• Knowledge of general management practices in an applied technical environment; eg finance (budget, accounting, governance), SHE (systems management and application, practical procedures, leadership), people management desirable.
• Cross-commodity & cross-discipline experience desirable.
• A minimum of ten years exploration experience
• A minimum of five years working in Africa
• A minimum of three years in a field leadership role
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in Portuguese and English
Empresa líder em Mineração