A leading company in Oil & Gas / Mining - Luanda, Luanda
At Eni, we are looking for a Geoscientist in Luanda, Angola. You will be responsible for ensuring technical monitoring of the exploration projects, analysing and interpreting the geological data, evaluating the value of opportunity according to the geological risk potential.
As a member of Eni Angola, you will be responsible for:
· Evaluating opportunities in the context of exploration, supporting their inclusion in the work program and budget proposals.
· Understanding of the genetics of sedimentary basins, the integration of the structure and stratigraphy, the hydrocarbon systems and their evolution
· Carrying out geoscientific studies, evaluating the potential of the exploration hydrocarbons and business opportunities
· Identifying and reporting doubts in the interpretation of the subsoil, providing the record of data for the technical-economic evaluation of the exploration projects
· Preparing geological maps, cross-charts, graphs or reports on mineral extraction or resource management
· Locating and estimating natural gas, petroleum or mineral deposits or groundwater resources, based on aerial photos, graphs or results of the investigation or surveys
· Planning and/or leading field studies and geological, geochemical, geophysical surveys and collection of drill and test samples of programs
· Monitoring the exploration and the drilling activity
· Integrating the understanding of petroleum systems in different geological environments using both geological and geophysical data
· Carrying out objective risk assessments
· Ensuring the communication of the drilling activities, contributing to the post-drilling assessment, providing relevant data and information.
- Segurança no trabalho
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
· Education at graduate level or higher in Geology, Geosciences or Petroleum Geology
· Extensive work experience in this field
· Fluent English and Portuguese
· Knowledge of geological data analysis and interpretation techniques
· Understanding of cartography and geophysical investigation
· Comprehension of seismic stratigraphy, sedimentology and petrography
· Data management
· Knowledge of local, national and international Quality, Hygiene, Safety and Health at work rules and regulations.
A leading company in Oil & Gas / Mining
Eni has been operating in Angola since 1980, with development projects amounting to nearly 150,000 barrels of oil equivalent (boe) per day. Since 2006, Eni has operated Block 15/06, which lies some 350 kilometres to the north-west of Luanda and 130km west of Soyo. Wells are fitted with the most advanced environmental sustainability and safety systems, including systems designed to eliminate gas flaring and water discharge. They are also concentrated in two areas, the West Hub and the East Hub, where we have achieved a number of major successes. In four years, we have started work on eight fields.
With other recent exploration successes in Angola, now is a great time to join us and strengthen your expertise with a company that applies deep knowledge, expertise and technological innovation to everything we do.