• Set Employee Relations Unit performance objectives, in coordination with Human Resources Manager, and continuously monitor progress and development towards organizational and Unit strategic objectives and communicate periodic performance reports to provide evaluation results and recommend improvements
• Develop and implement Employee Relations Unit policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfillment of organizational requirements whilst delivering high-quality services
• Carry out the day-to-day operations of the Employee Relations Unit, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and align work processes to achieve high performance standards, meet established targets and engage employee in a motivated work environment
• Contribute and ensure the effective achievement of functional objectives through the supervision of the Employee Relations Unit, set individual objectives, manage performance, develop and motivate staff, provide formal and informal feedback and appraisal, and provide guidance on training programs for employees in order to maximize subordinate and Unit performance
• Support expatriates and their families in relocation and settlement matters
• Execute new hires on-boarding and termination of employment functions, in collaboration with HR Administration, including exit interview and updates to the staff master file
• Review on an ongoing basis official regulations and legal requirements regarding personnel-related interactions with local authorities to keep abreast of all changes
• Resolve employee disputes and manage issues such as grievances or disciplinary actions
• Mediate discussions between employees or employee and supervisor in attempt to reconcile differences
• Conduct investigations to come to an objective and informed decisions related to disciplinary actions
• Meet employees to communicate any disciplinary decision explaining facts that will guide employee to avoid similar behaviors in the future
The candidate should have experience in employees relation, grievance, Angolan labor law.
He/she should be calm and mature, someone who can be trusted and easy to approach.