Leading Company in the Oil and Gas sector in Angola is currently looking for a DBA. The position may be outside of Luanda or will require to travel to a province.
This role is for a technical leader who will be responsible for the monitoring of database environments ensuring database/SQL-statement troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery, providing database design consultation projects, database software lifecycle planning, disaster recovery designing and planning, adherence to enterprise standards/compliance and documentation. The DBA will provide primary support for Microsoft SQL Servers databases and support for Oracle databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with a team to provide support for Microsoft SQL Servers databases and support for Oracle databases.
• Provide support for production systems and provide DBA services to application development teams, including database design, database generation, coding, and database production support.
• Develops and maintain database architecture and project plans for databases and Web related software design, upgrade and enhancements.
• Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems to ensure user productivity.
• Provide Development and/or Production support:
-This includes creating primary database storage structures, designing and creating primary objects, modifying database structure as necessary for enhancements or performance, creating documentation, designing interfaces, database objects, and creating plans.
-Monitor and optimize performance of the database, plan for backup and recovery of the database, and allocate system storage and plan future storage needs.
-Create database-related scripts and programs to support development and production environments.
• Angolan Nationality (eliminatory factor)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Analysis and Programming Areas.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a DBA.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the information database administration (SQL/Oracle), system analyst/programmer related areas.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the design, administration, programming and support of
Microsoft SQL Servers databases and support for Oracle databases.
• Proven knowledge in the design and deployment of database administration, recovery techniques, performance monitoring and tuning, structured query language, relational design techniques etc.
• Experience with an organization with a key 24 X 7 reliance on its database is desirable, i.e. the ability to support critical systems after hours, nights and weekends as needed.
• Ability to manage to prioritise workload effectively and good attention to detail.
• Able to communicate in Portuguese and English effectively both orally and in writting.