Are you a highly motivated, processes and results oriented Procurement Manager looking for a new professional challenge? Our opening for the Procurement Manager will give you the opportunity to not only manage team, but also to build and create a “first class Procurement Department” in the region. We require an individual who strikes the right balance between team management and process driven, with the capability to continue to innovate and grow. Alistair Group will offer the right candidate the necessary tools to grow and develop. If you have ever wanted to set the benchmark in operations then make the right move today with Alistair Group and apply for the Procurement Manager role!
- To implement group procurement procedures efficiency,
- To implement Stores control for vehicle spares and general equipment.
- To ensure stores integration to accounting and cost control systems (SAP).
- To ensure operating stock levels for Zambia Operations correct to meet demand.
Accountability & Responsibility Areas
- Establish a robust warehouse and procurement set up for the Group,
- Conduct an audit of the Company’s procurement and store processes,
- Determine stock levels and plan purchasing cycles,
- Devise and employ fruitful sourcing strategies,
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure the most advantageous terms,
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness,
- Control spend and build a culture of long term saving on procurement costs,
- Manage local staff by building their capacity to improve their efficiency.
Formal Training/Education/ Experience
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience in working in a structured system.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement and stores management systems.
Knowledge & Skills
- Commercially astute.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, leadership and innovation.
- Excellent written report writing skills.