Managing the Accounting team and ensure compliance in all transactions. Ensure that proper controls are in place to achieve truthful, accurate, complete, consistent, timely and understandable financial reports. Ensure transparency and well documented bookings. Cash planning and management.
General Ledger & Reporting
• Assists FSSC as operational interface & query handling;
• Prepares, approves and submits journal entries (excluding standard accrual);
• Reviews and approves G/L account reconciliations;
• Validates month end and quarterly reports;
• Conducts internal compliance activities;
• Requests and approves master data changes;
• Approves and provides reports to authorities and other third parties;
• Provides written responses to auditor’s requests and consolidate feedback of third parties;
• Reviews and approves regulatory reporting package for submission;
• Requests and approves post period adjustments.
Tax (VAT, withholding tax)
• Reviews and sign-off tax & statutory returns and hands over to authorities and, if necessary assists resolve inquiries;
• Submits periodical declaration on payment & remittance (print or enters into local tax tool);
• Supports local tax audits;
• Maintains local tax documentation.
Fixed Asset Accounting
• Works with operations to request/change asset master data;
• Manages fixed assets tag and numbers;
• Reconciles fixed assets/organizes local fixed assets reconciliation and addresses accordingly;
• Reviews and approves of fixed assets reports;
• Reviews and approves fix asset disposals;
• Provides information for month-end accruals.
• Reviews intercompany journal vouchers and entries, invoices and accruals;
• Requests creation, modification or block of master data and reviews master data change report;
• Update of local transfer pricing;
• Works with operations to improve intercompany process (hit rate).
• As a PTP single point of contact assisting the FSSC in:
a. resolves invoices exceptions processing issues;
b. resolves booking and reconciliation issues;
c. handles special claims from (sensitive) vendors;
• Maintains list of vendors and timing relevant for reconciliation;
• Approves a non-shipping invoice or support routing them to the department they belong to;
• Handles electronic uploads of vendor invoices (electronic invoices);
• Supports master data set up.
Treasury – Cash Management
• Approves bank reconciliation and resolve disputes and issues;
• Manages petty cash.
Function / Market & Industry Knowledge / Business Acumen / Process working
• Keep abreast with local authorities and changes which are implemented in regards to accounts payables and tax deductions;
• Basic Freight Forwarding Know-how;
• Operational Know-how (document processing);
• Understanding of PA strategy and products;
• Knowledge about markets and competitors;
• Overall understanding of business processes and interdependencies.
• High level of accuracy, credibility and accountability;
• Ability to be effectively managed through KPI setting and measurement;
• Capable to generate creative ideas/solutions;
• High result orientation;
• High accountability, responsible, reliable, detailed oriented;
• Strong strategic planning and organizational skills – prioritize, plan, assign and control;
• Effective listening;
• Ability to clearly and concisely present both written and/or oral information;
• Effective team player and advanced interpersonal skills;
• Initiative and pro-active.
Educational background / Work experience
• Higher education level recommendable – ideally a Degree in Accounting;
• Relevant experience – minimum 3-5 years;
• Profound knowledge of local GAAP;
• Profound knowledge of accounting processes;
• Profound knowledge of local tax legislation.