Operations/ Professional/ Business
1. Develop and implement policies/procedures to manage Supply Chain in line with the Regional and Area initiatives to ensure agility and responsiveness to diverse business changes and local scenarios for effective utilization of resources and delivery of performance targets.
2. Ensure OTIF supply/availability of imported cigarettes in a consistent manner whilst ensuring set inventory policies are adhered to at all times.
3. Supplies must be at correct cost and all duty/handling & other charges accurately calculated and charged. These costs must be correctly processed in SAP.
4. Ensure the elements affecting the Supply Chain e.g. inventory policies, lead times etc are documented and monitored/reviewed periodically for accuracy.
5. Implementation of an effective infestation control system by setting up a monitoring/reporting system for all warehouses (both BAT and Distributors).
6. Ensure that an updated preferred suppliers list and other relevant data are in place.
7. Support the S&OP process and ensure accurate forecasting is in place and the danger of over/under stocking is mitigated (e.g. write-off).
o sales & replenishment forecasts to supply markets and above market team(s)
o ensure correct inventories exist in market & downstream
o ensure correct procedures are applied throughout the supply chain to ensure the integrity of our brands and products
o ensure adequate Supply Chain representation at EMF meetings focusing on quality planning
8. Contribute to the development of overall marketing policies, objectives and strategies by providing information analysis on the market, brands and competition.
1. Build and maintain a control environment in line with control guidelines & ensure that all audit action points are addressed OTIF.
2. Develop/monitor performance targets to monitor the “health” of the Supply Chain ensuring that these KPIs are being achieved & exceeded.
3. Continuously review the Supply Chain organization to ensure it works efficiently and effectively.
4. Participate in the EMF II process by ensuring that market objectives are addressed through active participation in the EMF II forums and ensure EMF II practices are adhered to.
1. Motivate, train and develop staff to the appropriate level to ensure that Supply Chain objectives are achieved.
2. Provide a clear direction to the team by ensuring that all reports have a clear line of sight between their individual and team objectives and the overall company/end market strategy and objectives.
3. Act as role model for the Supply Chain team by living the values of the company and by being performance/target oriented
4. Identify, develop and coach potential successors to ensure that there is a healthy leadership pipeline within the department.
1. Build strong understanding/ knowledge & relations with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of results.
2. Work with ethical, responsible suppliers on developing sustainable business and build strong collaboration with external stakeholders (local & foreign suppliers) to ensure sustainable service improvement and cost reduction.
3. Act as primary Supply Chain contact for the end market
1. In conjunction with the team identify opportunities for improvement across the Supply Chain and Indirect expenditure. Provide cost/benefit analysis for all opportunities identified. Areas of focus to include
o Imports transportation costs and lead-time improvement
o Clearing and Handling fees
o Distribution costs to depots
o Distributor inventory optimization
o FIFO and write-off reduction
2. Continuously improve work practices through both the elimination of non-value adding tasks and the deliberate increase in the use of Information Technology tools to boost departmental productivity.
Degree/Diploma holder in Business or other Commercial discipline, Qualification in Supply Chain would be an added advantage.
Minimum of two years in demand planning experience in a leading FMCG company.
Commercial skills e.g. negotiation, communication (both oral and written). High level of personal integrity with the ability to establish positive relations both internally and externally.
In depth working knowledge of advanced statistical and forecasting techniques. Should be capable of both building and validating relational models. A basic understanding of both short and long term forecasting processes is also required.
Experience of interpreting and analysing marketing information data and reading trends and eventual presentation and communication of conclusions to senior management in an effective way for adequate response.
High level of attention to detail, thorough analytical skills, rational decision making, objectivity and creativity.
Good communication and instructional skills.
Good knowledge and understanding of importation and customs clearing procedures e.g. COMESA, SADC requirements.
A good understanding of lead-times and their impact on OTIF delivery and Inventory optimization
At least 2 years experience, at management level, gained through being a back up for line manager.
Clear understanding of Supply Chain processes, interactions and constraints.
A positive and collaborative attitude
Appropriate Supply Chain Competencies: (check Integrated SC competencies in the training folder for more details)
Supply Chain alignment with the business
Relationship Management in Supply Chain (Internal & External)
Information Management in Supply Chain
Self motivated person with leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills.
Key Success Factors