The Head of Energy Studies Department is to plan, organise, coordinate, manage and evaluate the work of the Energy Studies Department in accordance with the work programmes and budget of the Department so as to optimize its support to the Secretariat in achieving its overall objectives. The work covers studies and analyses of medium to long-term world energy developments and prospects, in particular, the preparation of OPEC’s world oil outlook, studies and analyses concerning world energy supply and demand, upstream to downstream oil industry, technology, alternative energy sources, institutional and fiscal petroleum regimes, as well as energy policies in producing and consuming countries. It also covers studies and analyses of related international issues, in particular in the areas of trade, sustainable development and climate change
. Plans, organises, coordinates, manages and evaluates the work in the Energy Studies Department covering:
2. Ensures adequate development, simulation and modelling capabilities of the Department;
3. Ensures full responses to requests by the Conference, BOG, ECB and standing committees for studies and special reports relevant to the work program of the Department;
4. Arranges presentations at relevant OPEC meetings and international forums representing the Secretariat as required;
5. Develops and maintains networks with external experts and institutions in fields relating to the work of the Department;
6. Keeps the Director of Research Division fully informed on all aspects of the work of the Department, and draws his attention to important analyses performed by it.
7. Evaluates the performance of the staff of the Department, and recommends to the Director of Research Division, staff development, salary increase, promotion and separations as appropriate;
8. Ensures that the staff of the Department receive the supervision and guidance necessary to broaden and deepen their skills and continuously improve their performance;
9. Prepares the annual budget for the Department.