Our client is a multinational of the shipping sector, and wants to recruit a Deputy Shipping Manager.
• Assist Luanda agency shipping manager on daily operational matters;
• Manage a team of 8 collaborators, assigning clear objectives and duties;
• Provide a high level of quality service to our existing customers portfolio in accordance with the values of the company;
• Maintain regular and cordial relations with Port authorities in order to create good operational conditions for the activity (namely Customs);
• Monitor activity via monthly KPI (follow-up of: gross margin, operational results, disbursement balance);
• Minimize risks for the company (mainly financial exposure, liabilities towards authorities, adaptations to changes in local legislation).
Education: degree in management or business administration.
Experience: 5 years in the shipping industry, in a Portuguese speaking country preferably.
Request Skills: technical abilities, language skills, computer knowledge;
Languages – Portuguese and English : Fluent
IT: good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools /ability to produce reports;
- Excellent organizational skills
- High level of reactivity
- Ability to prioritize tasks;