Our Company Profile
The Cimel group dates back to 1989 when the company was first established in Luanda, Angola. Over the years Cimel has diversified to create a value chain in each of the sectors in which it operates.
The increase of activity in the Oil & Gas sector in Angola has brought around many opportunities for international companies to invest in the country, but also vast opportunities for Angolan companies to enter this market. It was from this increased market demand that Cimel Oilfield Supply was born in 2012.
The company gained attention as a preferred supplier of oilfield equipment by both the National and the International oil companies operating in Angola. Over the years, Cimel Oilfield Supply has grown and expanded its product and service portfolio through the diligent selection of technology to suit the market needs.
In 2015, Cimel Oilfield Supply renamed itself to Cimel Oilfield Services to align the strategic direction of the organization with the vision of its employees and leaders, in becoming a preferred Oilfield Services provider in Angola.
Plans, designs, commissions and monitors telecommunications networks and associated equipment, provides technical advice and information, and identifies problems and initiates action to resolve them and follow up with PTT/ other clients and telecom operators on reported issues and steps taken to resolve them and communicate precisely to NOC for closure of the incidents.
• installing, maintaining, repairing and diagnosing malfunctions of switches, routers, multiplexers, satellite and other radio and electromagnetic wave communication systems
• configuring and integrating network and telecommunications technology with computer software, hardware, desktops, peripherals, databases and operating systems
• developing and recording logs of the details, locations and status of inventories, parts, equipment and instruments and maintaining documentation and communication with clients, PTT and other contractors
• providing technical updates, information, and monitoring the performance of telecommunications networks and equipment
• liaising with contractors, service providers and external resources and monitoring contractual obligations and performance delivery (SLA)
• providing ongoing operational support in designing, optimising, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and resolving of telecommunications network performance malfunctions, defects and faults
• Performing end-to-end testing of E1 circuits and other interfaces as may be required from time to time.
• A diploma in Telecommunications engineering. A first degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
• 2 -3 years experience in telecommunications industry. Experience in network installation, troubleshooting of routers, modems and switches will be an added advantage.
- MUST HAVE PROVEN EXPERIENCE IN LARGE TECH COMPANIES IN ANGOLA.
• Knowledge of basic router and switches commands
• Knowledge of operating circuit testing tools (e.g. BER tester, Ethernet cable tester etc)
• Be able to communicate clearly in English and Portuguese
• Be able to Understand and follow the SLA agreement properly and respond to all issues on time and accurately
• Be trustworthy and able to work independently (with minimum supervision)